What we are doing
Rural Wisdom is a community development and shared learning project that explores the impact of community-based activities that are led by older people living in rural areas.
- We’re tackling the issues that older people identify as priorities for their communities and makes opportunities for older people to shape their community to make it work well for them and for other people who live there.
- We’re developing community-led activities that include and support older people and activities that make local communities work well for people as they get older.
- We’re building on and encouraging the strengths and experience that older people bring, and encourages other people to value and support this.
- We’re exploring ways to identify and show the impact of these activities and the contribution to bigger changes.
There are 4 key elements to Rural Wisdom
- Working alongside people in local areas in Scotland and Wales, to encourage more community-based supports and local services that are led by older people.
- Networks in Scotland and Wales, to bring together people from any area who are interested and want to share what they are doing.
- Linking up with people in other parts of the UK.
- Evaluating the impacts of what we do.