Rural Wisdom is working with communities in Scotland and Wales to create opportunities for older people to shape their community. Our aim is make communities work better for older people and the other people who live there.
These are the outcomes we want to achieve:
- More older people, and a more diverse range of older people, have a stronger voice.
- Older people have the opportunity for more social connections in their communities.
- There are more activities that are led by older people and are co-produced in the community, and older people get support from them.
- People of all ages are part of creating communities that work well for older people.
- Older people in rural areas are contributing to local and national policies and initiatives.
The project began in 2017. We spent that summer meeting people across the areas and hearing about what is important to them. These booklets describes what happened over the following year – click on the covers to read the PDFs (Wales versions to follow)
These booklets follow on from the Local Area reports that we published in October, 2017. You can read these by following the links below: