Throughout the Rural Wisdom project, its important that we hear, gather & share stories of what’s happening & what’s working well across the country.
We’ve created a new page on this website to highlight examples of the innovative ways that people are finding to help make their rural areas better places for people to live as they get older. We hope these will inspire more similar work and spark other ideas.
Please get in touch if there’s something you know of which you think should be showcased and shared.
What we’re looking for doesn’t have to be a major project or intervention – small changes which have made a difference are very valuable to share.
Below are a few hints for the kind of examples we are looking for.
- something starting from the experiences and views of older people
- something which shows the impacts for people living in a rural community
- something which is focused on older people, or is intergenerational / involves the whole community
- something which has been developed and managed by older people
- something which people in other areas might learn from
We’re looking for examples on a range of aspects of daily life or planning ahead including things like shops and transport as well as support to give people options for staying as part of their community.
In sharing examples from your area, we can help you raise awareness of what’s going on. In doing so, you’ll be contributing to a wider learning network and will hopefully also benefit from the stories shared by others.
You can share your examples by sending an email, have a chat over the phone, or by post.
Get in touch with Ruth:
0141 419 0451
3.10 / The Whisky Bond / 2 Dawson Rd / Glasgow / G4 9SS