Throughout the Rural Wisdom project, its important that we hear, gather & share stories of what’s happening & what’s working well across the country.
We’ll include a space for such examples in our newsletters, as well as through this website, and on our facebook page.
Please get in touch if you have something you’d like to share. Note that it doesn’t have to be a major project or intervention – small changes which have made a difference are very valuable to share.
Below are a few guidelines for the kind of examples we are looking for.
- described from the perspective of older people / starting from the experiences and views of older people
- shows the impacts this approach has for people living in that community
- can be something that is focussed on older people, or intergenerational, or whole community
- older people contributing to their community
- something that people in other areas might learn from
We’re looking for examples on a range of aspects of daily life or planning ahead including things like shops and transport as well as support to give people options for staying as part of their community etc.
In sharing examples from your area, we can help you raise awareness of what’s going on. In doing so, you’ll be contributing to a wider learning network and will hopefully also benefit from the stories shared by others.
Sharing your stories can be in the form of an email or a simple chat over the phone. Get in touch with Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 4190451